Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Blog

Today, I realized that blog is sort of a strange/funny word to say (if you'd like to look it up... http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/blog).

In honor of the word 'blog', I'm coming up with my list of ten all time strangest/funniest sounding words.

1) blandishment
2) shenanigan
3) fuscuos
4) meniscus
5) gauche
6) badinage
7) faux
8) chicanery
9) platitude
10) cochlear



But wait, there's more...

Not content simply to list the words, I decided to come up with sentence using not one, not two, but that's right, ALL TEN words. Here it goes.

Up to my usual shenanigans, I attempted to liven up the mood of the room, weighed down by the fuscous interior decorating, with badinage and blandishments directed towards all cochlear apparatuses; my attempts formed a meniscus of vivacity, stretching but not quite breaking the mood that was further entrenched by my teacher's curt statement: "Your platitudes, faux cheerfulness, and general chicanery are simply gauche and repulsive, dksay(s)."


Yeeaaaaa.

3 comments:

  1. these are awesome words. the other day, i learned my favorite sounding french verb: vagabonder! pronounced: 'VAG-uh-bon-day'. a very exciting discovery in the french language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your faux cochlear shenanigans are fascous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. blog is actually short for weblog i thinkk.. as in web log. shortened to blog?

    ReplyDelete