Friday, February 27, 2009

FML Spoken Word

The other day, I was talking/g-mail-chat-communicating with DT, and we were talking about Lupe Fiasco. For those of you that don't know (should be just about everyone), my unofficial Latin nickname/sobriquet is lepdius fiasco (lepidus means charming in latin I think, which makes the name that much more ironic/funny...) and I really feel a lot of Lupe's music, his lyrics and delivery remind me of spoken word poetry. I especially like 0ne of his songs, hurt me soul http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mMYYbVwVLM, which in some ways is a catalogue of societal/life problems. Which got me thinking about fml, a web-site catalogue of humorous if often trivial problems. Which got me thinking that perhaps I could create an effective spoken word by basing it off of the problems expressed in fml (especially because I've been fortuante enough in life not to face too much adversity). And that is why, one day, there will be a spoken word about fml. Oh shoot, my laptop is about to run out of batteries, fml...

No comments:

Post a Comment